Friday 2 January 2015

Transforming our Relationships with Food

Hearth and Soul.

....this has certainly been taking on a new meaning for me as time moves forward!

As I contemplate the meaning I realize I can come from many angles as I write here.....

I could focus on feeding our Soul....

Gaining knowledge and wisdom for the Soul through receiving
assistance from our guides through Tarot and Astrology

Working to align our live and passions with the nature's cycles/ the cosmic cycles
Motivation, inspiration, confidence building
Living our Passions
Expressing ourselves in the world
Being of Service
Empowering Women.....
Empowering our True Authentic Selves....(no matter gender)

The list goes on :)

or I could go to the Hearth

Cooking nourishing foods
Herbal remedies
Natural cleaners
Our relationship with food.....
Loving our bodies

Choosing....

to love our bodies
spending time in our kitchens



making foods we love .....

foods that honour the earth

instead of

Choosing comfort foods
numbing our emotions
hiding from the shadows
denying ourselves,
becoming invisible.....

I personally choose freedom

freedom from addiction
freedom from bondage to personal oppression (and social ones but that is a whole other story!)

Freedom. period.

------------------------------

As I am currently working at Green Smoothie Bar/ Vegan Market and this month we are focusing even more on developing a healthier lifestyle, eating healthier foods and cleaning out our bodies I feel driven to focus on the Hearth and would like to offer some support with how we could nourish our bodies (and in turn nourish the earth).....one little step at a time.

Easy to start.
More difficult to sustain.

My thoughts?

I have walked towards this way of being for many years. From addictions to bread, peanut butter, heavy starchy foods and slapping together something fast to "fill me" (in more ways than one...I never liked that feeling of emptiness - brought up too much anxiety and other "bad" stuff) to well on my way to eating vegan/vegetarian almost every day, cooking/ preparing amazing raw/vegan foods and being blessed with an intimate relationship with my food.

It was not easy. It was not fast. In fact, it was a very slow, gradual process. It took practising this 'new' thing called patience and self discipline... a little bit at a time every single day. (well maybe not every day lol...admit there are days I said "screw it, this is way too much work and I'm feeling too many s#*@ty feelings!)

Over the years I kept on, one step, one stumble, one step, fall down & hit my face, two steps, one stumble.......you get the picture :) . Just kept pushing on...one step one moment at a time.

So, in tune with our goal at GSB I am including with this post a "Healthy Commitment Toolkit" on Facebook that might help you get some sense of your commitment to eating healthier. It may not be exactly what you wish to do, however, it might be a template for you to create a plan for yourself as you move forward. In the kit it does refer to a "Natural Fit Forever Program" and this you can check out by linking to http://www.veghealth.com/fit-forever-ebook-invite/

For me, I had to really get clarity about where I was in the present, where I had been, and where I wanted to be in the future before I could make any commitment with creating major changes in my life.

Maybe you already have a fairly healthy lifestyle. Maybe you even come to GSB several times a week to eat the amazingly delicious vegan food....but, question is...how much do you dedicate yourself to becoming self sustainable and choosing to spend time in your own kitchen making your own food with your own hands?

Again, not easy. There are days I come home from work and I am totally zonked and the last thing I want to do is spend time in my kitchen. Yet, its getting easier. I have plans. I have ways of doing it that make it possible to spend more of my time choosing health than I do just filling up.

Its all about choice. Ha. Yea. If only it were so easy. lol.

So, one step at a time I would like to do what I can to help you develop that healthier lifestyle....one little step at a time. :)

Blessings!
Sage





No comments:

Post a Comment